MediaCritica

Welcome to my inconsistently presented and randomly organized thoughts. Enjoy!

Sunday, May 28, 2006

I have arrived! As my boyfriend would say, I'm feeling a bit squirrel-y. It is 7:30am in Boston but 1:30pm in Madrid. I've slept maybe 3 hours, so forgive any nonsense. I'm blogging from the apartment I'm sharing with my colleague for the month. It is SO cute (read: small in that Euro way), clean, in an central area, and we've got wireless DSL! Yay for the worldwide Internet. I should have no problem keeping in touch. This evening all the Suffolk students and faculty (about 50 total) are meeting for a TAPAS dinner! Right now I plan to unpack - those who know me, know I can't wait to unpack) and then sleep for a couple of hours. I've jumped right into summer; it is hot, but dry here.

If you ever fly in to Madrid, you will arrive in Terminal 4. It is brand new and looks like something out of a Kubrik space movie. LONG corridors, lots of glass and strange objects that appear to have more form than function. We had to walk nearly a mile (no, really) to get from the gate, through customs to our bags. As we exited the terminal, a group of Suffolk-Madrid people were waiting for us holding Bienvenida Suffolk signs. It felt quite wonderful to receive a warm and familiar welcome. Well, as I said, I'm off to bed for a bit. More later...Did I say, I'm having TAPAS later! And, if my dreams really do come true, some sangria!

1 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home