MediaCritica

Welcome to my inconsistently presented and randomly organized thoughts. Enjoy!

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Back from dinner and ready to crash. My dreams did come true - tapas AND sangria. I made sure to drink a glass of water for every glass of sangria. Hung over and jet lagged = no fun. Gloria has a friend in the city who graduated from the Suffolk MA program a year ago. He, Diego, walked us around the area near the restaurant - Plaza Mayor and the Placio Real. I've already grabbed the pictures off my camera.

Our tour guide at the restaurant told us the building was part of old caves used by bandits when they came into the city from the hills. The local police were afraid to venture into the caves because few came back alive! Now the caves are funky bars and tapas places. You can sort of see the curved walls in the first picture. In the Plaza Mayor, touristy shops sell bandit masks and capes, ala Zoro. Very funny. The people in the picture are about half of the students attending various Suffolk classes this June.

The second picture is a Cathedral across from the Real Palace. I'm off to bed, even though at 10pm it is still light here! Buonas noches.


1 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home