MediaCritica

Welcome to my inconsistently presented and randomly organized thoughts. Enjoy!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

First day of class at 9am. Ugh. Everything went well and only two of 13 students didn't show, which is a better ratio than at Suffolk-Boston for the first day. The technology in the classroom worked, including a flash movie with sound (which you should all view at http://www.miniature-earth.com/).

From what I have observed so far, a typical Spaniard work day is from 9am to 7pm with 2 1/2 hours for lunch between 2-4:30pm. No one really eats breakfast, just cafe con leche. The first meal of the day is lunch with dinner never before 10pm. I'm having a hard time adjusting to that schedule. I want to sleep after eating so much lunch (the biggest meal of the day) and during a traditional siesta one would sleep. But I'm worried about being able to fall asleep by midnight in order to get up for class. But if it works for an entire country, I suppose I should try it.

I have a MAID! How surprised I was to come home this evening and hear from my housemates that the house was spotless and the laundry was done! Unbelievable. I've got it so good here, how will I ever come home?

2 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home