MediaCritica

Welcome to my inconsistently presented and randomly organized thoughts. Enjoy!

Friday, June 02, 2006

I ate at a very odd restaurant this evening called Nodo. When we arrived, I thought, "now this is going to be good." The decor was very modern, clean, chic style. Lots of pretty people there in Prada. The restaurant was described as Spanish-Asian fusion! Can you even imagine what that means? Well, let me tell you. First of all, there was a serious miscommunication between our table and the waiter. He looked at us funny after we ordered in Spanish, left for about five minutes, came back and said "big, big food". WTF? Apparently, we ordered too much food. One appetizer and one main dish each is big food? Okay, so we nixed one of our appetizers.

What came first was a salad I didn't order. I *thought* I ordered an ensalada verde con licchi y jamon (Lychee with ham. Don't ask. They put ham in everything). What I got, as did my dinner mates who didn't order any salad at all, was fried Brie on a small bed of traditional Asian salad. I think any Asian food chef would raise his or her sushi knife to a cook who put FRIED CHEESE on a bed of lettuce. Because no one at the table can speak Spanish well, we just ate what was put in front of us. The thought of trying to correct the mistake seemed worthless. Plus, we were hungry.

Next, two orders of a sushi appetizer arrived. We were told to cancel one because our order was "big, big food." Two came anyway, and now we know why the waiter insisted we cancel one. You know those boats of sushi you can get at Japanese restaurants, usually to share with 6 people? Well, this was practically a fleet of sushi. We did send one back. The sushi was good. A few odd pieces, like fish and pineapple, but it was basically sushi.

Second course was sashimi for me. Seared tuna slices, which they did correctly. But the slices were displayed on a think smear of saffron mayonnaise. Ugh. I did my best to clean the yummy tuna of mayo. My dinner mates got what they ordered, more or less. By the end of the meal we were certainly no longer hungry. I also have never felt so full of fat after eating ASIAN food. Bizarre.

One picture today, of my alarm clock. No, it isn't broken. It is midnight.

2 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some latest links to sites where I found some information: http://indexmachine.info/422.html or http://indexmachine.info/1948.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home