MediaCritica

Welcome to my inconsistently presented and randomly organized thoughts. Enjoy!

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Woo-hoo! I am DONE!! Entered my grades at noon, packed up a box of books to mail back to Boston, and returned my office key. And boy, do I need a vacation! Teaching for 10 months is no fun. Well, it is some fun, but I'm looking forward to the time off.

As you may well know, Spain lost to France on Wednesday night. The whole city felt down on Thursday. On the local broadcast channel, La Sexta, they aired a montage within minutes after the game ended with the sad faces of players, coaches and fans, head in hands, some crying, and set to the Cyndi Lauper tune, Time After Time! It was heartbreaking. Much like my beloved Red Sox (until 2004), Spain always makes the World Cup quarter finals, but never progresses.

So dear friends, this will be my last blog until I arrive in Boston Sunday evening. I'm off Friday morning to have a weekend fling with London before I return. The agenda is modest, but fitting for my last few days in Europe. I have an early evening appointment with the London Eye on Friday (yes it is touristy, but what the hell), curry for dinner, Tate Modern Saturday morning and the museum cafe for lunch, Notting Hill shopping in the afternoon, maybe 1/2 price theater tix or some music Saturday night, and Sunday afternoon tea at The Dorchester if I can get a reservation this late. I'm excited to come home and see you all. Have a lovely weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home